Long Term Strategies for Trading Options
In this class, we discuss a wide variety of suitable strategies and present ideas you probably have not considered before.
Our main focus is on risk-management and what to do with these positions when they move against you.
You should have many ideas, after this class, of how to adjust your positions to reduce risk and create better opportunities for making a profit and not losing money.
Anyone can make money if the trade goes your way, right? How you handle your trades when they move against you is what determines if you will make or lose money in the long run.
Each class is over an hour and you will be getting eight hours of extremely focused and useful information, that you will use forever. It is the difference between an advisory service giving you the fish versus learning to fish for yourself!
Class Format: This class is a collection of video recordings from the actual Live class that was previously offered. Once a student buys a class, an email is then sent, containing login credentials to access the archived class page. Typically, each class runs for four weeks, with two classes each week. Some classes contain additional videos and sessions. Purchasing access to a class gives access to all class recordings, as well as trade updates, PDF’s and PowerPoints. Any questions? Email us at info@Sheridanmentoring.com
- You are welcome to ask questions directly to Dan or another mentor
- Each class recording is a minimum of 1 hour, total of 10-12 hours approximately
- Supplemental videos on brokers (OptionNet Explorer, TOS Contingent orders)
- You can optionally purchase a 4-week trial of OptionNET Explorer for an additional 25 GBP Click Here
- All fees for online classes are deductible towards our GOLD Mentoring Program ($1000 limit) Click Here
Week 1- Introduction to Long term portfolio management
Topics and Questions addressed:
- Buy and hold philosophy with stock (how this has worked in the past 10 years)
- Why you should buy options instead of stock
- How LEAPS are a great stock surrogate
- CBOE Bye/Write Index (how covered call writers fared vs. stock buyers in the last 10 years)
- Long term strategies review overview: Covered Calls, Married Puts, Cash Secured Puts, Collars, Diagonals (with and without LEAPS), Covered Straddles, Covered Strangles, Synthetic Covered Calls (with all options).
- How to select good long-term vehicles (fundamental and technicals, & Dan’s special 3-step process)
- What happens if my stock declines?
- How can I manage my downside risk with options?
Week 2 & 3- Strategies & Risk-management
- Covered Calls, Married Puts, Cash Secured Puts, Collars, Diagonals (with and without LEAPS), Covered Straddles, Covered Strangles, Synthetic Covered Calls (with all options).
- Trading Plans: Planning the trade and trading the plan!
- What strikes to use and the tradeoffs for different strikes
- Comparisons of profit and loss targets
- Covered Calls (ITM vs ATM vs OTM), Cash Secured Puts, Married Puts
You will see the following for each strategy:
- Margin considerations for IRA, Reg T and portfolio margin accounts
- How and when to adjust each strategy on the upside and downside
- What the tradeoffs are for each long term strategy
- How this one strategy compares to other long term strategies
- Your opinion on: the market, volatility, interest rate, dividend, and fundamentals and technicals
Week 4- Thinking Outside the Box with Your Retirement Account
Dan will show you how to use these strategies in your retirement account and long term portfolio:
- Long term calendars
- Iron Condors
- Vertical Spreads (debit and credit spreads)
Week 5- Portfolio Considerations
How to Hedge your portfolio for the downside!
- Beta weighting
- Broker requirements
- Tools and resources
- Tax considerations
Important Notice — Course Materials Disclaimer
The course offering can change at any time at Sheridan Options Mentoring’s Discretion. Any changes to this Educational Program will be posted on the web site, which will serve as notification of any changes. Dan Sheridan’s classes are for Educational purposes only. We are not an advisory service, nor do we guarantee any kind of return on investment. Sheridan Mentoring does not offer refunds on online class purchases.
Important Notice — Risk Disclaimer
Futures & Stock options trading has large potential rewards, but also large potential risk. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the futures and stock options markets. Don’t trade with money you can’t afford to lose. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to buy or sell futures or options. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this web site. The pas performance of any stock option trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Hypothetical or simulated performance results have certain inherent limitations. Unlike an actual performance record, simulated results do not represent actual stock option trading. Also, since the option trades have not actually been executed, the results may have under- or over- compensated for the impact, if any, certain market factors, such as lack of liquidity. Simulated stock option trading programs in general are also subject to the fact that they are designed with the benefit of hindsight. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown.